Introduction - why I am writing this blog

Bi-metal snap-action kettle switch invented by Dr John C Taylor OBE 
In 2017, much to my surprise and delight, I was appointed the inaugural 'Dr John C Taylor Professor of Innovation' at the University of Cambridge Department of Engineering. Since then, I have been trying to work out how this extraordinary opportunity can be best be used to help 'manufacture a better world' (which happens to be the strap-line of the part of the Engineering Department in which I am based - the Institute for Manufacturing). The aim of this blog is to capture and share some of the ideas and observations on how innovation can help achieve this wide-reaching goal. Posts to this blog will be ad hoc but probably average around one per month so for more frequent updates, you might want to follow me on twitter.

And, if you haven't heard of Dr John C Taylor and his extraordinary career, then I'd throughly recommend a quick read of his biography or listen to him on the BBC's The Life Scientific.

Comments